Table of Contents
- Custom Menu
- Social Profiles Menu
- Customizing sidebar with widgets
- Custom Header
- Custom Background
- Default Layout Configuration
- Specific Layout Per Post/Page Configuration
- Set up Home Page Featured Slider
- Custom CSS
- Business Layout
- How to Disable Page Comments
- How to setup contact us page
- Recommended Image Sizes
- How to set up Blog Page
“Ambition Pro” WordPress ThemeTheme Instruction
Thank you for using our theme. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this following instructions, please feel free to post your queries via our support forum. Thank you so much!
a) Through Dashboard
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Appearance->Themes.
- Click on Install Themes at the top.
- Click on Upload
- Browse the zip file of Ambition Pro
- Then Click on Install Now to install the theme.
b) Manual Installation using FTP
- Download the Ambition Pro from your account
- Unzip ambition-pro.zip to your Desktop.
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server. Go to /wp-content/themes/
- Upload Ambition Pro theme to /wp-content/themes/.
- Go to Appearance->Themes and activate Ambition Pro theme from Dashboard.
2) Custom Menus
Ambition Pro supports custom menu you can set it through following steps.
- Go to Appearance->Menus.
- Give your menu a name and build it up using little widgets on the right.
- You can add pages, categories or custom URL’s.
- Now simply select the theme location(Primary Menu in our case) for your newly created menus using a widget on the left. Afterwards, click Save.
See Menu Help for more information.
3) Social Profiles Menu
Ambition Pro supports Social Profiles menu you can set it through following steps.
- Go to Appearance->Menus.
- Give your social profile menu an any name.
- You have to add the custom URL’s for social profiles.
- Now simply select the theme location (Social Navigation Menu in our case) for your newly created menus using a widget on the left. Afterwards, click Save.
4) Customizing sidebar with widgets
As you may have probably noticed, after installing the theme, your Left Sidebar, Right Ridebar, Business Page Section, Contact Page Sidebar, Footer-Column 1, Footer-Column 2, Footer-Column 3, Footer-Column 4, Testimonial Page Section, Services Page Section and Our Team Page Section is empty. We have provided you with an opportunity to completely customizing it to your liking with the use of WordPress Widgets
- Go to Appearance->Widgets.
- You can drag and drop widgets in each of positions.
- See Widget Help for more information.
Note: This theme has some extra widget with the theme i.e. TH:Custom Tag Cloud, TH: Featured Clients/Products, TH: Featured Page, TH: Featured Recent Work, TH: PromoBox, TH: Services, TH: Testimonial and TH: Our Team .
5) Custom Header
Ambition Pro supports Custom Header Feature.
- Go to Appearance > Header.
- Browse image from your computer and upload the image.
- Crop the Image according to your will.
- Click on Crop and Publish.
- Your website’s Header Image is now set.
6) Custom Background
Ambition Pro supports Custom Background Feature.
- Go to Appearance > Background.
- Browse image from your computer and upload the image.
- You can see the background preview on the same setting page.
- Click on Save Changes.
Note: The background effect will only seen if you set the Site Layout option to Narrow Layout instead of Wide Layout. To set the Narrow Layout Go to Appearance > Customize > Ambition Theme Options > Site Layout.
7) Default Layout Configuration
There are different layouts and you can set any layout to be your default layout. Every page, post that don’t have their specific layout will follow have this default layout. Archives(i.e. category pages) will also follow this default layout. You can choose the default layout by following the instructions given below.
a) Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar, No Sidebar and No Sidebar Full Width
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Ambition Theme Options > Content Layout.
- Check on the Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar, No Sidebar and No Sidebar Full Width layout.
- Click on Save all Changes.
8) Specific Layout Per Post/Page Configuration
This theme allows you to choose the specific layout for every post display and every page display. You can do so by following the steps give below.
- Go to Posts/Pages > All Posts/All Pages.
- Click on any Post/Page.
- You will see a box named Select layout for this specific Post only. in belower part below the text editor box. Note:If you don’t find it, you will see Screen Options, click on it and check the Select layout for this specific Post only.
- If your select Default Layout set in Theme Settings
, the layout set in the Default Layout Configuration will be layout for this post as well.
- You can select from No Sidebar, No Sidebar, Full Width, Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar to be this post’s specific layout.
- Update the post to save the changes.
9) Set up Home Page Featured Slider
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Ambition Theme Options > Featured Content to set the home page featured slider
- If you need to add the secondary button/link for the slider you can add the button text as well as add the Button URL.
Note: Use a tag to feature your posts. If no posts match the tag, sticky posts will be displayed instead.
10) Custom CSS
If you want to edit some CSS, you can follow the instructions below, your custom CSS will overwrite the theme’s CSS.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Ambition Theme Options > Custom CSS.
- Write your Custom CSS there.
11) Business Layout
You can show your homepage as business layout format as in our demo.
- Create a page name Business Template and choose Business Template from Template drop down.
- Go to Settings > Reading settings
- Choose Front Page Display > A Static Page > Front page > Choose this page from dropdown.
- We have six custom widget especially designed for Business Template Home Page TH: Featured Page, TH: Recent Work, TH: Services, TH: PromoBox, TH: Testimonial and TH: Featured Clients/Products.
- Go to Appearance > Widget.
- Drag and Drop any widget from below six widgets (TH: Featured Page, TH: Recent Work, TH: Services, TH: PromoBox, TH: Testimonial and TH: Featured Clients/Products.) to Business Page Section
- Click Save
12) How to disable Page Comments
- Go to the particular page on which you want to turn off the comments from dashboard.
- Look for the Discussion box somewhere below the editor box.
- If you don’t see it, click on the screen options in the right top part and check on the discussion checkbox. Then discussion box will appear below page editor
- Uncheck Allow Comments in the Discussion box
- Click on Update.
13) How to setup contact us page
We support Contact Form 7. You can download it here.
- Create a new page and select “Contact Page Template” page template for the contact us form to show up.
- Paste the shortcode provided by Contact Form 7 plugin
- Click on Save All Changes.
- Contact Page template has its own sidebar registered. You can drag and drop any widget in Contact Page Sidebar
14) Recommended Image Sizes
This theme depends heavily on Featured Images per post. Read more about Featured Images.
a. Featured Image per post for Blog
b. Services Widget used in Business Template
c. Recent Work Widget used in Business Template
d. Testimonial Widget used in Business Template
e. Image size for Our Team Template
f. Featured Image per post for Blog Image Medium Template
Note: If you are switching from another theme, you will want to install and run the Regenerate Thumbnails WordPress plugin to resize your existing images.
15) How to setup Blog page
You can show your Blog page in three different ways. They are large image with excerpt content, Medium image with excerpt content and full content display. You can have a look here in our demo Blog demo
- Create a new page, give it a name for example “Blog” and select page template from Template dropdown.
- Choose “Blog Image Large” for large image with excerpt text, “Blog Image Medium” for medium image with excerpt text and “Blog Full Content Display” for showing Full content.
- Click on Publish.
- Now all your posts will be shown as per your template selection.
- Remember the images for each of the post shown in blog layout are featured image for that particular post.